Kingdom Embassy Departments
Team Summary :
The Children's Ministry committee, along with the Children's Ministry Director, shapes experiences of children from birth through 5 th grade including childcare, Children's Church, Sunday School, FirstKids Serve (a Wednesday night activity for elementary aged kids), and special events. Children's Ministry also aims to support and strengthen families by offering learning and fellowship opportunities for parents as well as family activities.
Qualifications for Team Member (To perform this volunteer role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
1. Work well as a member of a team.
2. Volunteer as a teacher, helper, or childcare provider on a monthly or asneeded basis.
3. Provide children with a good role model of what it means to learn, grow, and serve as a part of a church.
4. Receive Safe Gatherings training as required by Annual Conference.
5. Pursuing growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
6. Understand and be able to champion the church’s mission, vision and plan
Team Summary: This purpose of this team is to support the worship life and leadership of the church.
Qualifications for Team Member: (To perform this volunteer role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
1. Pursuing growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. Understand and be able to champion the church’s mission, vision and plan Essential Duties and Responsibilities
3. Supply input for service and worship series’ ideas
4. Coordinate special services or events, for example, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, etc.
5. Facilitate tuning and maintenance of musical instruments
6. Keep pewbacks filled with pens, envelopes, prayer request cards
7. Receive and share feedback on worship services
8. Recruit and oversee usher team and team leader
9. Recruit and oversee communion stewards
Anything that is directly involved in the worship service is the responsibility of the worship team
Yes! Users can add video from YouTube or Vimeo with ease:
Enter App Settings
Click the "Manage Questions" button
Click on the question you would like to attach a video to
When editing your answer, click on the video icon and then paste the YouTube or Vimeo video URL
That's it! A thumbnail of your video will appear in answer text box
Purpose - The maintenance employee at Kingdom Embassy serves in a way that is consistent with Kingdom Embassy's mission, values and theology. Salary is contingent upon the church’s approved annual budget. The position reports to the Senior Pastor and Board of Trustees and is subject to quarterly review and annual evaluation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties -
1. Inspect lighting system for proper operation, replace busted fluorescent tubes, defective ballasts and incandescent bulbs.
2. Check all exit signs and emergency lights for proper operation. Exit lights should always be lit 24 hours a day.
3. Check all bathroom plumbing systems for proper operation. Repair/replace as needed.
4. Check all kitchen plumbing systems and fixtures. Repair/replace as needed.
5. Check the heating system. Make sure grills and filters are clean.
6. Check church building structure for any defects and repair immediately if minor work is needed. Otherwise, promptly report any issue to the Board of Trustees. (See job description below for the rest of the job responsibilities and duties.)
Job Skills and Requirements-
1. Demonstrated skill in carpentry work, plumbing, electrical and landscaping.
2. Must have the basic tools in carpentry, electricity, plumbing and landscaping.
Media Volunteer Descriptions
Operates audio console creating clear and balanced audio mixes for worship services and video broadcasts
Responsible for sound checks, volume and quality of sound
Arrives Sundays with the worship team for soundcheck and service run through
Compliments worship team and Pastor by delivering their message so it can by understood and heard by all members of the congregation and broadcast audience
Experience is preferred, but not required as long as you are open to learning!
Responsible for operating lyric, text, and video graphics during worship services and video broadcasts
Remains alert during the songs and advances the lyric slides in time with the music
Follows along with the the sermon and advances slides to the appropriate scriptures and points
Arrives Sundays with worship team for service run through to ensure all lyrics, texts and videos are correct and in the right order
No previous experience necessary!
Lighting Operator (Connection Service)
Operates Lighting console for Sunday rehearsals and services
Helps create an inviting worship environment during musical worship time and messages
Reviews all songs & service order during morning rehearsals to have an understanding of the structure and flow of each service
Follows along with songs triggering pre-programmed cues at precise moments
No previous experience necessary!
Camera Operator (Cornerstone/Connection Services)
The eyes of the production
Follows the direction of the Producer/Director
Sets up shots and angles for the Producer/Director to use
No previous experience necessary!
Broadcast Producer/Director(Cornerstone/Connection Services)
You are the story teller, you choose what the broadcast audience sees
Responsible for directing camera operators in choosing shots
Uses various camera shot to show best what is happening in the service
Choosing when to cue graphics (names, song titles, etc)
Broadcast Graphics/Camera Shading(Cornerstone Service)
Graphics gives extra information during the service
Song titles, names and sermon notes for broadcast all come from graphics
Shading is controlling the overall brightness of the cameras to create consistency for broadcast
Ushers Department/ Welcome Center
Church ushers are responsible for welcoming parishioners into the church. The job description of a church usher describes how the individual serves the church through hospitality, courtesy, and educating visitors.
A church usher serves a very important role in the church by creating a welcoming environment and setting the tone for every parishioner’s personal experience with their church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Usher
Attends all church services.
Stands at the church’s entryway and greets church visitors as they arrive.
Escorts individuals to their seats or directs them as to empty seats in the sanctuary.
Helps those who need special seating or accommodations.
Collects tithes at the appointed time during the service.
Reports to the pastor and church deacons.
Distributes pamphlets, church bulletins, and literature on the church to visitors as they arrive and as they depart.
Keeps the entry area clean and clear of debris including snow, mud, leaves, and other environmental detritus that might arise due to inclement weather.
Keeps individuals and items out of the aisles to allow easy traffic flow and conform to fire safety codes.
Represents the church by keeping a smiling face at every service.
Assists with parking for individuals who need to be dropped off at the door or may have additional mobility issues.
Arrives at least fifteen minutes before every service and remains after to help clean up and socialize with lingering parishioners.
Makes introductions between new visitors and regular church members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be committed to the mission and goals of the church.
Must have a strong desire to serve the congregation and the church as a whole.
Must be comfortable with all individuals.
Must enjoy initiating conversations with strangers and friends alike.
Must have a good head for names and faces, able to remember regular visitors and personal details.
Must be able to help organize the church seating area.
Must know the organization of the church and be able to give directions to visitors to the Sunday School classrooms, nursery, and restrooms.
Must be a leader and willing to take on additional responsibilities as they come available.
Must be pleasant, courteous, and friendly, able to start up conversations naturally and easily.
Must have natural networking skills, able to bridge connections between members and visitors.
Must dress professionally and conservatively to avoid offending any visitors’ sensibilities.
Must be able to anticipate visitors’ needs and do everything possible to meet them.
Must be responsible as there will be some money-handling.